Saturday, November 29, 2008

More superheroes

Eliot Jones, Midnight Superhero.

Awhile ago, I posted about four great books that have the best of comics (superheroes, action) and the best of books (age appropriate, no violence). Here's another one that looks really good.

Eliot Jones, Midnight Superhero is about a boy who is just a normal kid during the day, but at night turns into a superhero, taming lions and chasing meteors. It's got a great cover - why don't more books use metallics?

I found another book with a superhero - Max The Mighty Superhero. I don't know much about it, but if you click the link for it you can read some very positive parent reviews. I read the first couple of pages and it's delightfully written.
In another book, Max is a movie director. I love it when authors produce books in a series, because when your kids get attached to a character, it's nice for them to be able to keep reading about that character.
Sorry if you tried to "Click to LOOK INSIDE!" - I borrowed this image from the Amazon.ca website. Can I help it if they like to discourage borrowing by covering their books with writing? Also, I realize you can't tell from this picture, but on the cover of the Eliot Jones book all the stars are metallic. Cool.

No comments: