Thursday, July 23, 2009

Alice in Wonderland - the trailer

Click on this image for a larger version. (It's worth the click.)

Disney has put its trailer for Alice back on YouTube.

(They musta read my blog post telling them to put it back...)

The trailer is quite something. Very exciting and Burton-esque, dark and whimsical, with that heart-pumping music that gets you going.

I predict that the movie is going to spark a run on the book, so get yours now while the gettin's good.

The movie is due out March 2010.

I told my son that Johnny Depp is doing the movie, and he's already excited about us reading the book together. It didn't hurt that I also mentioned that Helena Bonham Carter - the kids know her as Bellatrix Lastrange from the Harry Potter movies - is playing the Red Queen.

Thanks, Burton and Depp, for getting my kid (and countless others, I'm sure) reading!
Here's a link to the trailer.
And here's a link to more stills from the movie.
Oh, and OK, just for fun here's a link to the trailer for New Moon, the next Twilight film they're making.
Thanks to ComingSoon.net for these pictures.
Oh, and I'm filing this under "five-minute ideas" as well, because I think a wonderful way to "get your kid reading" would be to share the trailer with her and show her the stills. Talk about the book, and the characters, and soon she'll be champing at the bit to read it. And then it won't be a five-minute activity, it'll be an every-night-reading activity. "O frabjous day! Calloo! Callay!" (And if you don't know what that means, you need to read the book again yourself.)

1 comment:

MLM Marie said...

I am looking forward for this movie and planned to bring my family with me and see the film together!