Here's something exciting to tell your teenaged daughter.
There's going to be a new Twilight book out soon.
June 5, to be precise.
Here's the title (deep breath): The Second Short Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella.
Author Stephenie Meyer is calling it a novella, although it's 192 pages long. For her that's a novella, since her books typically come in at more than double that size.
The story is the tale of Eclipse (her third Twilight novel), told from the point-of-view of Bree Tanner, a minor character from that book. It will retail for $16.99 in Canada.
Here are some cool facts to casually let slip in conversation with your teenager, showing that you're an oh-so-plugged-in parent who sometimes knows even more than she does.
* Bree Tanner was a newborn vampire created by Victoria. (Your teenager will likely not even remember this character, because Bree was killed off early in her chaotic young life, so this will be a cooler fact than you may realize.)
* $1 from every book will go to benefit the American Red Cross (think about it...)
* Meyer began the book as a short story to "help me examine the other side of Eclipse, which I was editing at the time."
* The book will be posted online, free, from noon June 7 to July 5.
* Stephenie's name is spelled with an "e" rather than the traditional "a" because it's taken from her father's name - Stephen. I've mentioned this one before, but it's still cool.
Here's Meyer's website.
Here's Bree's website.
And here's another article I posted about the whole Twilight series.
Sorry about the long delay in posting - I've had a backlog of deadlines. I'm still not finished with 'em, but I've got too much stuff to blog about to wait any longer! More soon. And thanks for all of the great feedback I've been getting from everyone (you know who you are). Please keep those e-mails and comments coming!